For the past several years, V tape has offered young curators and artists a chance to hone their skills through participation in the Curatorial Incubator. Featuring workshops with professional curators, the program culminates in public screenings and a catalogue.
Video documentation records bodily incursions into public space, technological space and intimate space. It begins with hysteria and repetition, leading to shared identities and video reproduction. Video technology becomes understood as an electronic placeholder for psychic experience, or memory space.
- Blanca Casas Brullet’s Prendas
- Gunilla Josephson’s The Hedda Videos: Part 4
- Johanna Householder & b.h. Yael’s The Mission
- Laura Parnes’ Hollywood Inferno, Episode 1
- Eduardo Menz’s Las Mujeres de Pinochet
- Keith Sanborn’s Kritik an Reiner’s Vernunft
- Mirha-Soleil Ross’ Allo Performance!
- Ulrike Rosenbach’s Einwicklung mit Julia
The Curatorial Incubator, Round 2 was on view at the V tape Video Salon, Toronto, between January 18th and March 25th, 2005. Thanks to the curators Meredith Dault, Jennifer Matotek, Claire Eckert and Aubrey Reeves. Thanks also to Gareth Long and Lisa Steele.